How Furnace World is Handling COVID-19 as of March 24, 2020
At Furnace World, we take the safety of our customers and our team seriously. While this is true every day, it’s especially important in this time of heightened concern. Because our services play a vital role in maintaining health, safety, and comfort in the Colorado Springs area, we will be remaining open during this time. You can rest assured that we’re taking steps to minimize the impact of COVID-19 and providing our clients peace of mind.
How Furnace World is Working to Protect You
Per the CDC and WHO guidelines, we are making some changes to our normal operating procedures to ensure the health of our team and those we serve. We are OPEN. Our office team will be working remotely, and our service & install teams will be available as always by appointment.
- Scheduling: If you need service, please call us at 719-473-WARM (9276).
- When you call to make an appointment, our office team will ask if anyone in your home has had a fever, has been diagnosed with COVID-19 or has been exposed to the virus.
- In some situations, we may ask to see pictures or videos of your equipment to better understand the problem you want addressed in order to optimize scheduling and help minimize face-to-face contact.
- The Home Visit:
- Any employees showing symptoms will be asked to remain home until medically clear.
- All employees working have reviewed the CDC guidelines on preventing the spread of germs to include: covering coughs/sneezes, proper hand washing, the use of hand sanitizer, and social distancing.
- Your technician will be wearing personal protective equipment (PPE) upon entry into your home to include gloves, a facemask, and booties.
- After completing a job, your technician will wipe down or spray any areas with which they had contact. This includes equipment & door handles. If you prefer to have them use a product you provide, please let them know.
- Our trucks come stocked with disinfectant sprays, and/or wipes , hand sanitizer and PPE.
- Distancing Efforts-We will do our best to minimize face-to-face contact, and keep a 6 foot social distance from you and others in your home. If possible, we are encouraging conversations to take place outside.
- Authorization-We usually require an approval signature on our IPAD prior to proceeding with recommended repairs. However to reduce the risk of contact, we will honor verbal approvals. All completed work will be detailed on an electronic invoice and emailed at the completion of the job.
- We will not be petting your dogs or cats. If possible, please put them away prior to our visit.
Regarding Upcoming Annual Maintenance Appointments
At this time, we will be contacting customers in the month their annual maintenance appointsments are due, and reviewing protocal as described by this policy. Customers may choose to forgo their appointment and not lose Comfort Club benefits for up to 1 year.
Our Planning Standards
Furnace World will be updating this policy as the situation develops. If you have any questions regarding this policy or wish to discuss our COVID-19 response plan in more detail, please call 719-473-9276, email dispatch@FurnaceWorld.com, or follow us on social media.
We are honored and grateful for the opportunity to continue to serve you. Stay safe.
Lisa & Jeff Coffy, Owners
Heating & Air Conditioning with a Heart